Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: fibreglass

fibreglass 1 year 1 month ago #1

• db1200
  • db blood
What's yer take on fibreglass panels for the David browns
Pat buck:-D:-D:-P:-P
The administrator has disabled public write access.

fibreglass 1 year 1 month ago #2

• BMCD
have a DB 850 with Fiber glass wings..look ok-ish..they are stronger than I thought they would be..bonnett etc is tin
Brendan

fibreglass 1 year 1 month ago #3

There are different opinions on fibreglass panels. Some parts are available new in steel like 770/780/885 mudguards, red 850/880/950/990 also white 880/990 as well as 1200 shell type and 90/94 mudguards. Nose cones for most DBs can be got.
Fibreglass was used on the 90 and 94 series nose pieces and the big American 90 and 94s had complete fibreglass bonnets with a steel frame inside.
We have got Fibreglass roofs and side panels for High cab and side panels for Q and VQ cabs, If steel parts cant be got new or used fibreglass is the next best option and also will not rust.

dbpanels001.jpg

dbpanels008s.JPG
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by nevilleporter.

fibreglass 1 year 1 month ago #4

• Shed Head
  • Gold Member
  • "Tractoring"
Ok Neville ill take a left and a right . tell me this Neville what are they like from the back . do they match the originals with the tabs for the plastic window/ back cover?
Jonny Blackmore

fibreglass 1 year 1 month ago #5

• db1200
  • db blood
B) well shed head I had an 885 with fibreglass side panels and no they don't match up like the steel panels B)

fibreglass 1 year 1 month ago #6

The Fibreglass side panels we sell are an exact copy of the originals with the tabs on the back for the cover, the buttons need to be cut off the old steel panel and bolted on to the fibreglass one.
I have seen other panels that close the space but that is about all.

fibreglass 1 year 1 month ago #7

• db1200
  • db blood
B) B) Goodman nevilleporter at least somebody got the panels right the ones one the 885 I had used to make me sick looking at them and dey were'n a matching pair B) B)

fibreglass 1 year 1 month ago #8

DB1200, I used to sell the other panels as nothing else was available, but customers who bought them in the past are disappointed when the look at the new ones and think back to the amount of work that was needed to get the other panels into shape before painting.
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds